The KingsGate Church family is remarkably generous with it’s time, talents and treasures. Generosity is one of our values and part of who we are. KingsGate has been sustained for over 20 years by God’s grace demonstrated through faithful & sacrificial sowing by members of the church family.
This is a note about financial giving within the context of KingsGate Church. If anything is unclear, please do speak to one of the elders as we’d hate for miscommunication to cause any issues.
We have a page on our website that explains more broadly about financial giving in our KingsGate context and more of our heart around finances. There, we’ve answered questions like:
- What does the bible say about giving?
- Do I have to give/tithe to be a part of KingsGate?
- Who monitors the finances of the church?
We’ve recently opened the ‘Giving’ module in ChurchApp, so we thought it was a good time to give you some more info specifically about how to access and use the Giving module in ChurchApp, changes to how we’re doing Gift Aid, and some other useful info.
We’re aware that while this info is really super duper important, it can be a bit of a dry read… So… in addition to reading this note you can also watch our really rough & unprofessional video explaining some of the updates and changes. We’ve added some ‘outtakes’ to brighten your day! Hopefully you find it both helpful and entertaining!
Giving, Gift Aid & ChurchApp
Ways to give:
There are 3 ways to give financially to KingsGate Church:
- Sunday offering
- Bank transfer*
- Online Giving*
*account details and online giving options available on here
ChurchApp Giving Module
We’re using ChurchApp to keep the church informed and connected. Going forward you’ll be able to monitor your giving history (for bank transfers & online giving) and your Gift Aid declarations from ChurchApp.
Forgotten your ChurchApp log in password? Go to http://login.churchapp.co.uk and click on “Help! I’ve forgotten my password”.
Haven’t yet signed up to ChurchApp? Today can be your big ChurchApp birthday! Sign up here.
Donating through Gift Aid means charities like KingsGate Church can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It won’t cost you any extra!
You can read through the detail of this amazing government scheme here.
We are now running our Gift Aid completely through ChurchApp. In order for us to claim gift aid on your giving through bank transfer, we need to have 3 things:
Log in to My ChurchApp to access your account. Please make sure your postal address is filled in (note – you have the option, if you wish, to fill in your address but hide it from other KingsGate ChurchApp users; you manage what info is disclosed).
If you give financially to KingsGate Church, please can we ask that you check that you have an active Gift Aid Declaration in ChurchApp. It should take a couple minutes:
- Open My ChurchApp (http://login.churchapp.co.uk or through mobile App)
- In the Menu click on ‘My Giving’
- Scroll down to ‘Gift Aid Declarations’. If you don’t have an active Gift Aid Declaration, click on ‘+ Declaration’ and fill out the simple details.
If you would like KingsGate Church to claim Gift Aid on your historical donations, you can backdate your declaration by up to 4 years.
3) Your Name in the bank transfer reference
If you give through a bank transfer, all we need is your name on the reference to be able to match this against your active Gift Aid Declaration in ChurchApp. Note – we don’t monitor any individual person’s giving! The name in the reference is only for the sake of claiming Gift Aid.
You no longer need a Gift Aid number in your bank transfer reference (you can leave it there if it’s already set up though).
Also, if you’ve been using our old giving reference system with a complicated code that changes month to month – you can stop that now as just your name as the reference will be best! Simples!
A few more important things:
- You need to make sure that have paid the same amount or more in Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in each tax year than the amount you allow us to claim of Gift Aid on your giving.
- It’s your responsibility to keep your info up to date and accurate in ChurchApp. Eg, if you move – change your address.
- If you pay tax at the higher or additional rate, you can claim the difference between the rate you pay and basic rate on your donation
- If you’re giving on behalf of both you and your spouse, please check tax implications online or with a tax advisor.
- We cannot Gift Aid donations received from a company bank account, only those received from individuals.
- If you are self employed, please check the government website to see what Gift Aid can be claimed on your giving.
- If you’re giving a larger donation (perhaps as a result of having received an inheritance or work bonus) please ensure that you pay more tax than what we will be able to claim with Gift Aid.
- If you want to give and not allow us to claim Gift Aid – include ‘No Gift Aid’ in the reference.
- If you’re giving through the Sunday offering, and want to avail Gift Aid claim on your giving, but want to keep your name off of the Giving Envelopes, you can use your historic Gift Aid number, or please contact us and we’ll give you a new code.
While all this info might sound boring and confusing, I promise it’s all really simple and really important! If you have any questions please do speak to one of the elders/pastors. Or you can email us on email@example.com.